Netgear devices come with a ReadShare USB option letting you plug in even more useful features via the USB port. Basically, it provides you USB storage that you can wirelessly access at home and wirelessly printing from any computer or Mac. Besides, it gives you the ability to view, play, listen to and share your images, videos, music and games on media players, gaming consoles and related devices. Let us remind you first that mywifiext is known as the default web address for Netgear devices which helps you in performing any task.
How to Securely Access a USB Hard Drive Connected to Netgear Device
In order to avoid unauthorized access to your associated USB HDD (Hard Disk Drive), NETGEAR suggests utilizing at least one of the alternatives beneath to secure your USB HDD:
Alternative 1: Use password access for HTTPS/FTP (by means of the Internet)
In the event that you use FTP and HTTP (through the Internet) to access your ReadyShare USB Storage, we suggest you to set up secret passphrase access to your shared files. As a matter of course, Readyshare USB storage access is set to “All – no password”. The guidelines underneath will help you with the most proficient method to set up password access:
- Switch on your computer or laptop properly.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.250 IP address on the very top-left side of the webpage.
- The basic login page appears.
- Enter the user ID and password to continue.
- Select ReadyShare storage option.
- Choose any name for your storage access.
- Finally, click on apply button.
Note: You will now utilize your router admin login and password to access your ReadySHARE USB HDD.
After reading this, you would probably be wondering ‘how do I change the administrator password on my NETGEAR device?’, right? Well, don’t wonder anymore. Here are the steps to do so:
How would I change the admin password on my Netgear device?
When you purchase a brand new Netgear device, it is designed with factory default settings. When you make use of the local web address mywifiext.com to access your device’s interface, use the default login credentials. To enhance the security of your wireless network, make sure to change the default passphrase.
To change the admin password on your Netgear device:
- Pull up an internet browser from a PC or WiFi-compatible gadget associated with your home wireless network.
- Write mywifiext.net into your internet browser’s address bar field.
- The login window shows.
- Enter the username and secret phrase.
- Thereafter, the basic home page shows.
- Go with the set password process.
- Enter the old secret phrase, and then the new secret key twice.
Once done, save the settings made by you. If you find any trouble during the process, do call our experts at toll-free number 1-844-697-8376.
Alternative 2: Use ReadyCloud
Make use of ReadyCloud program or application for simple and secured access to the USB storage associated with the Netgear device.
How would I remotely access my Netgear device via ReadyCloud?
Prior to remotely access your router via ReadyCloud, ensure to have a valid ReadyCloud account and do the registration of your device.
You require the following things:
- PC or WiFi gadget with a fully functional internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Chrome for Android, Dolphin, Android stock program, and so on.)
- A ReadyCloud Account
- A Netgear switch
- USB storage gadget associated with your Netgear device
To set up your ReadyCloud account and enroll your device:
- First and foremost, make a ReadyCLOUD account.
- Interface a USB storage gadget to your device.
- Sign in to your Netgear device at mywifiext.net login page from a PC or WiFi gadget which is associated with WiFi network.
- Once logged in, the basic home screen shows.
- On the off chance that you use DSL and your Internet association requires a login, you should change your router’s connection mode.
- Register your device.
The ReadyCloud screen shows a symbol for the Netgear router and the USB storage gadget that you enlisted.
Alternative 3: Use OpenVPN with Dynamic DNS
Last but not least, you can even use OpenVPN with Dynamic DNS to effectively access your home network including the USB storage associated with the Netgear router.
That’s how you can securely access a USB HDD connected to your Netgear device. If you find any difficulty while accessing mywifiext.net, feel free to get in touch with our knowledgeable technicians.